001 Dear 21st Century Literature,

  

I woke up in a morning of March and the television very loud. Loud but deafening. And I would see these reporters informing the public about a virus outbreak in world. That day was our culminating activity for or MAPEH subject in 10th grade. But nature turned tables with man. Wrapping people with plastic. The world is in chaos losing famous people, devastating calamities and a virus lurking around. This is 2020 the new year, or the year of realization.

As I entered my senior year things have change, drastically. One, the set-up and two, the people. But things never had changed within the premises of my heart and soul. I would always pick a literature subject rather than dealing with brain cracking formulas and numbers. Literature is something that is creative. That gives a person the power to inform, communicate or to say their feelings and ideologies about different topics. It is the foundation of one’s identity. And it is bounded by numerous systems and forms. It can be precise or deep. Long or short but the thing about Literature is it unites people even if your miles away. 

The most significant topic for me would be Imagery because I like to do poems and poems always contain so much imagery to portray and to act something for the piece to be engaging. If there was one best lesson, I would say it was the Grouping Session of the class when we tackled about context understanding. It was fun and stressful because I was the one doing so much initial work and all of that. But One thing that I have learned is to help one another and to brainstorm well before you do the actual task. Context Understanding was an engaging activity, and we had a chance to look back again to history. Look back at the intimate ending moments of Rizal before his death. It was a very informative, beautiful, and really a joy. Adjectives keep on going at this point. Every single day in class we always know that there is something to look forward to and as life fosters on we do enrich and ensure that we also share this knowledge to other people. And I always talk about my class to my grandparents, quite strange but yeah that’s me. I really look forward to a better day ahead for the youth, our people suffering and the world.  And maybe just maybe the world will heal and I and my million of students around the globe could now access face to face learning. Merry Christmas, peace out.


 

Illustrations by Yao Xiao

GIF from Pinterest


Comments

Popular Posts